Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Be Kinder Than Necessary......"

I received a beautiful and poignant reminder and application of our teaching in 1 Cor 13 from Kimberly Hunt today:

'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

I wanted to send you this little sentence that was sent to me from a friend (I can not take credit). This little sentence is one that if you take just a minute or two to REALLY wrap your mind around... it is absolute truth! It has caused me to look more closely at everyone that I come into contact with each day... to realize that if I look outside myself, my love and compassion grows more for others! It was profound and I feel like my heart and mind have been opened by God to see with His divine clarity this little sentence and what it truly means... to walk it out day by day!

I must admit that there are many days that I forget and focus on myself and am distracted by MY own battles... which can cause me to be unkind to others and forget to show God's love and grace. But by God's Grace... my hearts desire is to look outside myself and focus on who Christ wants me to be... the love He wants me to show everyone I meet!! AND, what joy that brings me in my life and ultimately pleases God. God is that source of grace and joy in my life, IF I choose to focus on Him FIRST!

Being reminded of this, especially on today... 9/11... I was thinking how true this is! We never know the deep pain and suffering... hurt, disappointment or fears that someone may be going through (fighting their own battle). Showing someone a little kindness... GRACE... can go a long way to maybe shine God' light and love in a possible dark area or time in their life! So, as my very wise pastor (John K.) once told me... "love them where they are." Love each person... even when you might not get that love in return. Show grace and kindness to the guy who cuts you off on the road or is rude at the grocery store. Show love and realize that everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. WOW... what a world we would live in if we all could see each other with God's loving eyes (myself included).

I am sorry to sound "preachy" and ramble on a bit. This was just such a deeply moving experience for me... I feel God stirring my heart up with just this little sentence sent by a friend. I thought I would share it with YOU today. May God bless you abundantly!!

Blessings and love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment