Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Re: The 30 Day Challenge

The Challenge to read our 1 Cor 14 passage has been generating a lot of input. Those folks who have engaged are being blessed. I got this email from Cendy this morning:

I just wanted to let you know that I am reading the Corinthians chapter that you have been talking about. Today is my 4th day. I came home from Betty's Bible study today and went straight to Ray with a question about it...I wanted to share my thoughts with him, but also remembered verse 35, that you should ask your own husband at home. (Not that I didn't want to ask Betty, because I do ask Betty lots of things--and in the ladies Bible study, its just us girls and a great place to ask questions...) But I do think that verse 35 was in the back of my mind when I brought my question home to Ray. So I think that particular verse popped out at me today.

When I first read the chapter, I thought to myself, what am I going to get from this--I am not going to be speaking in tongues or prophecy-ing and don't even make it to church on Sunday regularly. I couldn't think of any way that particular chapter would inspire me. But there you go. Only my 4th day and already something.

Cendy

No comments:

Post a Comment