Here is a list of all the books, CD packages and reading plans mentioned in our Jan 5 sermon, "Starting Strong". All the books and CDs are available through our bookstore or at CBD and Amazon. Most are available on Kindle and iBooks as well.
Books on Prayer
- Drive By Theology
- Drive By Church History
- Drive By Marriage
- Drive By Parenting
- Drive By Discernment
- Drive By Pneumatology
- (There's also a "Drive By Hermaneutics" for those that want to get deeper into interpreting the Bible)
- Every Word In the Bible - 1 chapter a day for 3 years
- 5x5x5 - The entire New Testament, 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week with 5 ways to go deeper.
- Straight Through the Bible - Simple, easy to follow, 1 year Bible reading plan
- Historical - The Old Testament in the order the books are found in the Hebrew Bible, New Testament in the order they were written
- Chronological - The entire Bible depicting the events in chronological order
- Professor grant Horner's Bible Reading Plan - 10 readings a day for 8 months
- If you've never done this before, start with a relatively easy plan and work your way up to the more involved ones. this will help you build a discipline for life.
- If you fall behind by a number of days, don't feel like you have to catch up. That can be discouraging. Remember, the goal is to get through the Bible, not conform to a calendar.
A great Bible reading web site that will help you track your daily reading and offers some devotional books as well is You Version. You Version is very flexible, customize-able and comes in apps for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android. Highly recommended!
We'll be happy to email you any of the reading plans or make further recommendations on the books or CDs. Let us know!
May the Lord bless you mightily and strengthen you boldly in your commitment to study and absorb His word!