Friday, August 17, 2007

Kelly Is Leaving Me!

Now that I have your attention......it's only for 4 days while she pays a visit to my Mom in Ohio.

We had a chance to spend some time together this morning while she packed and got ready to leave. Things have been hectic for the last few weeks and it was good to slow down even if it was for only a few short hours.

Watching her get her things together reminded me of how much I miss her when she's gone. It's kind of silly to fret over because both our lives are so full, it shouldn't matter for a few short days. Additionally, we are totally confident in the Lord's capability to care for us much better than we could ever care for ourselves. Nonetheless, it is tough not having her at home at the end of the day. We both look forward to hearing about each others' day and getting caught up.

God has blessed us mightily in our relationship. We are truly being made into "one flesh" through the process of being conformed to His image. We've been married for 27 great years. Yes, there have been some rough spots on the way but I'm not sure I would trade any of the rough spots for something different merely because I know that God has used each one of them (and the good ones, too) to get us where we are now. I love and am greatly thankful for where we are now.

As we slowly began to realize that, even our relationship with each other was about Him and not us, God began the process of transforming our initial love for each other into a much deeper love and commitment to Him. It was a heart transformation that took us much deeper than we could ever have gone on our own. It also brought us much closer together than we ever thought possible. I am so thankful for God's refining presence in our lives.

I was traveling, a few years ago with a friend. The first night we were gone, I called Kelly. I called again the second night. Then, I noticed that he had not called his wife. I asked him about it and he told me that they were secure in their relationship and didn't need to talk to each other. I had to think about that one for a while. Was I insecure?

After careful consideration, I realized that it wasn't my insecurity that caused me to call. I wanted to hear my wife's voice! I wanted to talk to her even if I didn't have anything to say! She's my wife! She's my help-mate! She's the other part of my "one flesh"

Kelly is energetic, vivacious, her smile is contagious and her love for her Lord, her family and her friends is total and unconditional. I love just being with her, Some of the sweetest times we have are spent in our living room just being near each other. This is why it really stinks when she's away. God always blesses both if us when we are apart but it's always sweet when we are back together.

I know, for the next 4 days she will be safe and secure in the Father's arms. I can't wait until she's back in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment