Monday, June 7, 2010

Update on Nicholas Hunt's Miracle


Nicholas is a little boy in our congregation that was accidentally and horrifically run over by his Dad who was pulling in the driveway from work. In God's great mercy and grace, He not only spared Nicholas (and his sister who was injured as well) but He worked a mighty miracle as the family watched God turn tragedy into praise for Him and His glory. Nicholas' story continues to impact people in our church, the hospital and throughout our community. Here's an update from his Mom, Kimberly;

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:1-3

Just wanted to give an update to all of you who have been faithful to pray for our children...

I took Nicholas to the trauma and orthopedic doctors today for follow up. They took an x-ray of his pelvic area... it showed no more signs of the fractures (children's bones heal so rapidly). He has been cleared for all activity (even including football this Fall).

I also wanted to share something that the trauma doctor said to me today - at the end of the appointment, I asked him if this was a typical recovery for a child who had been run over by a large truck (I guess it is still so hard for me to believe). He said, "Nicholas' case was discussed by the team of doctors and was a huge topic of conversation.
" (He told Nicholas he was quite famous... making him smile) He said, "we are thinking that there is no possible way that the truck tire actually ran over him... it must have bumped him or something." As if we really did not know what had happened. I told him... Nicholas remembers every detail and can tell you exactly where and how the tire ran over the mid-section of his body - and how it felt... also that his brother and sister witnessed it... Gary felt it!! He just smiled at me and say "hmmm." (kind of like... yeah right lady - in a very nice way) The orthopedic never denied this... as they had the x-rays and CT scans to show the internal damage and fractures from the weight of the truck rolling over his little body (I did not realize that the pelvic bone is the strongest bone in our body).

It just made me smile... because he must not know MY God and the power He has to save. Believe me... I am fully aware that sometimes He chooses not to (in the way WE want) and sometimes we don't understand why things turn out the way we do. But, I know I can trust Him either way. He has always been faithful to our family - we always see His hand move mightily (whether HE chooses to give or take away)!! I must trust that His ways are far beyond anything I can comprehend.

So, for today... I am so thankful for His mercy and His mighty hand that lifted that truck over both of our children. I will "boast in the Lord"... "O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together."

Today was just another remider of the true miracle that happened almost 4 weeks ago! A remider of how awesome God is... how could I not share this conversation I had with the doctor today with all of you. We prayed together and God heard... now I just want to "exalt His name together!!"

Update on Hannah: She is still seeing the wound care doctor every Friday until healed. She has 3 areas now that have had crushed tissue that died, that had to be cleaned out so new tissue can grow. It will be a slow, long process of weekly appointments. However, we are praying for God to continue to give her patience and comfort... and to help the wound to close up quickly. She just started walking tonight without her crutches (she is so tired of them). She is such a trooper!! So, thank you for your continued prayers for her healing - especially so she can swim in time for our trip to the beach in July!!

Love and blessings,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment