Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our 29th Anniversary!

“Your lips are like a scarlet thread,
And your mouth is lovely.
Your temples are like a slice of a pomegranate
Behind your veil.
“Your neck is like the tower of David,
Built with rows of stones
On which are hung a thousand shields,
All the round shields of the mighty men.
“You are altogether beautiful, my darling,
And there is no blemish in you.
Come with me from Lebanon, my bride,
May you come with me from Lebanon.
Journey down from the summit of Amana,
From the summit of Senir and Hermon,
From the dens of lions,
From the mountains of leopards.
“You have made my heart beat faster, my sister, my bride;
You have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes,
With a single strand of your necklace.
“How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride!
How much better is your love than wine,
And the fragrance of your oils
Than all kinds of spices!
“Your lips, my bride, drip honey;
Honey and milk are under your tongue,
And the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon.
Song of Solomon 4:7-11

I pray that God would grant us the same joy and happiness for the next 29 years that He has for the first 29! What a blessing you are!

Happy Anniversary, Darling.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And still so young looking. :-) But aren't these anniversaries supposed to be reserved for those living in retirement communities for active seniors? What gives?

    ReplyDelete