Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Blessing From God - by Rick Reece

I got this from Rick this morning. God reveals Himself in mighty ways and in little ways as well. Here's a great combo of both:

John,
Remember earlier in the week, when I said this was going to be a great week, that God would show His glory?

God made Rick Reece look very smart on Wednesday.

In the morning when I awoke, I knew that Wednesday would be tough, especially as we neared the time that we think Casey may have passed. I was reminded of the story of Elijah in 1 Kings 18 and 19. After Elijah defeated the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, Ahab and Jezebel pledged to have Elijah killed before sunset. He fled into the desert wilderness. God provided for him. Elijah stepped out of his cave listening for God in the mighty winds, the earthquakes and all the forceful acts of nature, instead he heard a whisper; the gentle voice of God providing comfort.

I pledged that day to be especially attentive to small acts; to
gentle whispers and take our comfort from those. I was listening for a slight whisper and instead heard a sonic boom. Jim and Jill Mitchell sent a crew of workers from Superior Paving and three pieces of heavy machinery to our property and cleaned up our potholed road, providing over 100 yards of asphalt driveway.

I went down the road to talk to the heavy equipment operator and told him I was absolutely floored by the generosity to bring in a heavy road grader and fill in the potholes. He smiled and said "Oh, we're not done yet!"

A simple thank you to Jim and Jill Mitchell seems incredibly
inadequate. I want to tell the world about the love and generosity of these wonderful people. Would you mind relaying this story in your multi-media venues?

In Christ,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment