Monday, June 2, 2008

Quote(s) of the Day


Kelly sent me this today:

Two quotes have moved me sooo much, that I had to share to make my joy complete. (It's funny, I asked John for some Piper to read yesterday - he gave me 3 books - this one I'm reading echoes the earlier email I sent from Piper's blog/site. It must be God's timing for this food to feed my soul (and yours, perhaps).
both from Piper's tiny booklet "The Dangerous Duty of Delight"...

John Piper - "The tragedy of the world is that the echo is mistaken for the Originial Shout. When our back is to the breathtaking beauty of God, we cast a shadow on the earth and fall in love with it. But it does not satisfy."

CS Lewis - "I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment."

No comments:

Post a Comment