Friday, June 13, 2008

Quote of the Day - Brian McLaren

This was posted by McLaren on his blog today:

Two Encouraging Mentions
Eboo Patel, a kind and brilliant Muslim leader and new friend, offered comments on my Wednesday-afternoon talk at Willow Creek here.

If you haven't read his book, Acts of Faith, I highly recommed it. I had read a few chapters of the book a while back, but am re-reading the whole book now, and it's so good.

David Crumm, the best interviewer I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with, reviews my newest book, Finding Our Way Again, at Read the Spirit. (David gives me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received by comparing me to Bob Dylan.)


Let me just go on record as saying that, in my opinion, it's a dangerous and highly questrionable tactic for a Christian leader such as McLaren to recommend a book written by "a Muslim leader".

2 Cor 6:
14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?


No comments:

Post a Comment